Friday I took the day off and went up to Sunrise Ski Resort, it's about a 3.5 hr drive from Phx. Doesn't get as many people as Flag and so the snow is sometimes better. Plus they make the fake stuff which helps the base. Anyways, it was my first day up on the slopes and I must say I was definitely impressed with the snow conditions, found a little bit of powder on the edges and in the trees. Looking forward to that next storm to come through and another sick day... cough, cough.
The problem was, I had a hockey game that night. Home from Sunrise around 7pm and hockey game at 11pm was just enough time to rest/eat/get ready. That and I drank one of those 5hr energy bottles, it's pretty much liquid caffeine I think. Anyways, we won our hockey game! Which doesn't happen very often. Were now 3-13, and have the worst record in the league. But were a new team, and practice makes perfect, right?. Our last game we had a lot more intensity and I think we have improved a lot over the start of the season. We've got a pretty good shot at beating the team above us and moving up 1 spot. At least we won't be the last team in the league. I'm not sure if it was the 5hr energy or what, but I also got a goal! It was right at the end and sealed the win for us which was nice. It's my 2nd of the season and I'm hoping for a few more coming up soon. Our next game is this Fri at 11pm at Polar Ice in Chandler...
More on Cardinals Football and the rest of the weekend to come....
***Currently listening to - PageOne - A Wintry Mix



Hockey...sweet! I used to play roller when I was a kid...ice would be so much fun (and harder). Don't hurt yourself...we're getting old, you know
ReplyDeleteGO RY! Michael loves that 5-hour energy drink. I'm kinda scared of that (just the name alone.)
ReplyDeleteAre your games always at Polar Ice? Maybe we could come watch you if you ever have an EARLIER game?
We've got a makeup game Sun Feb 8 at 5pm, Polar Ice in Chandler (Ray/I-10). It's definitely an easier game to get to...
ReplyDelete