3.29.2009

Hot Shots...win again

First off, thanks everyone for the b-day phone calls/txt messages and of course all the cards and gifts. My b-day celebration started on Thur; my dad, Ellen, her daughter Lexi, A/J/J and I all went to dinner and a Phx Coyotes hockey game. I'd never been to a NHL game, it was a lot of fun. Way better than on tv. I think any sporting event is better in person, just a personal opinion. We all stayed at Amy's that night and woke up to banana bread muffins with candles and another happy b-day from Jadon, that could loves to sing happy b-day. I was planning on taking the day off but unfortunaetly some work stuff came up and I got forced into it, what can you do? Then Kate and Rashid came into town Fri and we watched the UofA game, or the beginning at least, another cake and more candles and happy b-day song again! I met up with some friends from work/Matt and Kamie and had a Guinness at Murphy's Law, an Irish Pub in DT Chandler. I'm still not drinking too much after Vegas. But I did fall off the wagon for my b-day!


Saturday = yard day, I was hoping to go to Tempe Arts Festival but had too much stuff to do in the backyard. Sprinkler issues and the yard guy was gonna charge me $400, I'll do it myself... I had my first hockey game of the season at 4pm (missed last week due to Vegas), this week we played a really good team that had gone to the Championship last season. Without going into full detail we won (2-0); I got a goal, and a 2 min penalty (I really didn't think I hit the guy that hard) it is hockey! They ended up coming back and tying it in the end, so it went to a shoot out, our goalie rocks and he blocked all 3 shots! Afterwards we celebrated at Teakwoods.


This was right before my penalty, wish we got a pic of the guy on his ass. I'm on the far left.

Celebrating after the game at Teakwoods (Mark - Defense and Jill - Forward/coaches wife)


Sunday morning, I woke up and went for a Mtn. bike ride, check out the trail map on the side. It was a pretty long ride today. I got seperated from the two guys I was out there with, but somehow we all ended up meeting up a trail crossing, wierd. I'm pretty beat now, so just gonna relax, maybe take Mia to the dog park...


PS: Best new app for Iphone = Remote. I can control Itunes on my computer using my phone - AWESOME...

2 comments:

  1. Your bike trail map looks fun...a couple of loops?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great Birthday Weekend! (We are getting OLD.) Love ya

    ReplyDelete