11.22.2009

Challenge...

So, after a lot of travel and even more drinking lately. I decided at the airport in Ft. Walton, FL with some help from a friend (my sponsor, haha), that my liver needed a break. That was a good Yuengling though. And I decided to stop drinking!

I wasn't sure if I'd put anything up on the Blog cause I hate to fail and wouldn't want to admit it if I cracked. But it's been 2 weeks now. I survived 2 hockey games, lots of drinking after games, especially after wins. A Cardinals tailgate, which drinking water while tailgating is horrible and definitely not as much fun... As well as today's Cardinals/Rams game, which in the 4th qtr the Cardinals almost gave up the lead, 3 or 4 times! If that doesn't make someone want to drink I don't know what would? And a couple of nights out with friends, who doesn't need a DD...

Pretty weird not having a beer every now and then. I saw a commercial the other day for Miller Light (I don't even like Miller Light), where the guy orders with his Iphone, got a little jealous. Reminded my of Henry's in downtown Portland, maybe that was part of it too. I've also got a bottle of Marshall Sundown Wheat, and a special Rogue beer I picked up a few weeks ago on the bottom shelf of my fridge that clink together everytime I open/close the door. So frustrating.

The exception to this is gonna be holidays and special occasions. Glass of wine at Thanksgiving/X-mas. But if I can last till New Years then I'll consider it a success...and who knows, maybe even keep it going till my b-day(March). Although hoping I don't run into John Krause anytime soon...

So far so good!

5 comments:

  1. No wonder I left the locker room completely wasted the last two weeks. I think I've been picking up your slack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder how you did yesterday?? I'm assuming Jadon kept you sober on the jumper! : )

    Hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a few glasses of wine with dinner, but that was planned. Back on the wagon, for now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheers to you Ryan. You have my vote. I hope you keep it going.

    ReplyDelete