6.25.2009

Mexico...day 7

That earlier post may have come out of no where for some of you... I haven't been blogging much lately. I finished Jury Duty and was getting back into work mode after ~10 weeks off, blogging took a hit.

I'm in Mexico, Amy/Jason/Jadon and I flew down last Fri, almost a week ago. To San Carlos, Mexico to stay at Jason's parents beach house. Which is pretty much the coolest place ever to go for a vacation. I highly recommend it to anyone who gets the chance!

Our day usually starts out with a little snorkeling or getting the sea-doo's/canoe launched in the ocean, then some pool time to rinse off (I've started showering at the outdoor shower by the ocean, there's shampoo and soap, so why not?). Then a little tv time, usually chosen by Jadon so it's either The Incredibles, Bolt, Cars. Then some quad riding on the beach and make our way over to The Soggy Peso (a sweet beach bar with killer margarita's, crab tostada's and guacamole), that will take us through lunch and into the early evening, although we are sometimes seen at closing time back at the Peso. Jason and I have shut it down twice now I think. Back to the beach house, a nap is in order, followed by some more ocean/pool time. Then dinner, Kate cooks up some mean food is all I have to say. Follow up dinner with some beers watching the sun set, maybe a movie after it's dark and the Peso is closed. That a pretty typical day in San Carlos. Through in an occasional movie during the day (neighbors home theater), half day boat trip, 1hr massage for <$50, trip into town for gas or beer, maybe even lunch in town. And you can make a week long vacation go by pretty quick!
Tomorrow's our last full day in Mexico, here's to trying to get all of the above in one day...


A few pics...
What else do I need to say? Unfortunately it wasn't open yet :(
One of our snorkeling friends...

Jadon calls this a geegu fish

Jason and I - just about sinking the canoe, we were full of water but I was still using the sail to push us to shore.

Yeah, the kid likes goggles and snow boots (which work pretty well in sand) , whatever fits!





1 comment:

  1. ALL of that seriously sounds like heaven! Our friends Eric & Lissette want to plan a trip to Rocky Pointe soon (Lissette's mom owns a place there), so you just inspired me to really make it happen! Why not? It's so close & affordable. No brainer. Glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete