12.17.2008

Winters in OR...

12/15/08 - Lake Oswego

12/15/08 - Downtown Portland (Blue Moon - sweet bar)



So moving out of OR has been great. The advantages of AZ definitely outweight everything that OR has to offer. But this week, Portland got hit with a huge snow/ice storm and it took me back, maybe cause a week ago I was still wearing shorts and sandles in AZ. For some reason every winter Portland has a few days where the city basically shuts down from a combination of ice/snow. I've had some pretty interesting adventures during these days but thats for another post. This is a reflection of winters in OR...



  1. The obvious, snow in town means snow on the mountain. I still get a daily snow report from Mt. Hood. They opened last weekend, only a partial opening, but still open nonetheless. Sunrise is opening Friday 12/19 and I'm sure Snowbowl isn't far behind so not all is lost!

  2. Living an hour from Mt. Hood so I could wake up in the morning drive to the mountain, spend a weekday there(checking e-mail via phone every so often of course), and be home before sunset.

  3. Watching buses go sliding down hills covered in ice on the news. I've never experienced this myself which is probably why I think it's hilarous. Why do bus drivers think they can make it down steep hills covered in ice when cars can't? Do a YouTube search for Portland + Ice storm, it's worth it.

  4. Getting a free "Working From Home" day cause it's too dangerous to drive on the road. I don't have kids, so a snow day is still fun. We won't tell Intel I have 4 wheel drive and would have been fine. But i've learned driving in the snow/ice is more about the other people on the road then you...

  5. Snowball fights - nuff said.

  6. Snowmen - a little scary. Kinda like Scarecrows. But still fun to make. I have a pic of this from 2 years ago somewhere. I made one with some kids that lived down the street, it only lasted a day or so but was pretty sweet. I'll do some searching I think I took time lapse pics...

  7. Knowing that in 24 to 48 hours all this snow would be gone and I wouldn't have to deal with it in town anymore.

Anyone for a trip to the snow?



FOUND IT!!!

4 comments:

  1. No thank you. I'll just stick with the snow on my blog! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am headed up to YTown tomorrow and there is snow on the ground up there...I definitely enjoy getting my snow fix every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phrough was just showing me a time lapse video of a bunch of cars trying to drive up this icey hill in Portland! Pretty awesome.
    Dude, I need more time to travel.
    I'd love to go to Portland and shred Mt. Hood. Hey, I'm going to email some info today.... lates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot to add #8. Braving the horrible road conditions and ignoring the highway patrol's request for people to stay off the roads so I could get to the MAX station and make my flight to Florida! And to add one more laugh to Portland snow/ice memories...The infamous Starbuck's run...yes I had to have it and karma kicked my butt when I slipped on the ice and feel right on it! Haha!! I miss Portland now!

    ReplyDelete